The Liebster Blog Award and was given to us
by Idaho PugRanch
We Love Gettin This Award, Thank You PugRanchers!
Liebster Blog Award Rules:
Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you. Thank you again, Idaho PugRanch!
Share five things about yourself and five things about your pugs:
1. Before Otis was rescued by Seattle Pug Rescue (SPR) in May of 2010. He was living outside with a couple of other pugs and a few other dog breeds. He was in a hoarder situation. SPR was able to talk the owner in giving up the pugs. He was guessed at being somewhere between 6 months old and 1 year old when he was rescued.
Black Pearl grew up with a young family. When she was about 5 years old, the family had a baby girl. Black Pearl got very jealous of the baby and began sitting on the baby, sitting between mom and baby. It was very hard for the family to give-up Black Pearl but they felt it was best. We gladly took Black Pearl in as Otis didn't know how to play. Black Pearl and Otis have become best friends and play all the time.
Our now 21 year old son Brian has loved pugs ever since Milo and Otis first came out. He has always wanted a pug. He was looking for a pug for about 3 years and when he was 18 years old, he came found the Seattle Pug Rescue website and we went for a Meet-N-Greet and took Otis home with us.
2. Otis loves the color pink.
Black Pearl loves to sleep under a blanket anytime of the day or night.
When Brian and mom went to the Meet-N-Greet, dad said we could bring home a female pug only. No female pug was available and Otis actually picked us out and we got him. Dad was kinda upset at us for getting a male instead of a female.
3. Otis's given name was Tuby. Brian changed his name to Otis.
Black Pearl was raised with a boy Chihuahua so sometimes she lifts her leg like a boy dog when she tinkles.
Mom Lois is a twin. She has a twin brother who is 6 minutes younger, he livers about 20 miles away.
4. Otis gently chews on stuffy toys. Whenever he tears a hole in one, mom sews it up and gives it back to him.
Black Pearl destroys stuffys. Within the first month of her being here, she destroyed all stuffy’s Otis had for over a year.
Mom and dad will be celebrating their 25th anniversary in August.
5. Otis is a lover!! He loves to cuddle and follows mom around everywhere!
Black Pearl’s is losing her eye sight. She is only 6 years old. We are going to an Animal Eye Specialist on Friday – send lots of juju please.
Otis and Black Pearl and NOT allowed on mom and dad’s bed. Sometimes when dads gone to work and mom is taking the day off, mom sneaks Otis and Black Pearl in bed with her, please don’t tell dad.
Answer five questions from your nominee:
1. What made you decide your particular breed of dog? Our son has always wanted a pug, did some research and found out they are very family friendly.
2. Do you have a gender preference, boys or girls? We have no preference, we LOVE them both!
3. What made you decide to start a blog? I came across The Daily Puglet and after reading that blog and a couple of others, we decided we could do this too, and here we are.
4. Favorite TV show? Castle
5. Boxers or Briefs? Boxers
Ask five new questions to your nominated bloggers:
1. What is the silliest thing your pug(s) do(es)?
2. When did you get your first pug?
3. How many pugs have you had?
4. Do you have a color preference? Fawn or Black?
5. Do you take your pugs with you on vacation? If not, do you board them or have family or friends care for them?
We would like to pass this award on to:
Bellatrix, I'm a Pug
Mr. Coco @ PugNetwork
The Girls - Sequoia, Petunia, & Emma
Wilma The Pug
Winston Wilbur and Sam Cooper